Location: Welcome home to 10435 Berkshire Drive in Los Altos Hills, offering a serene and natural setting in Los Altos Hills. Known for its beautiful and bucolic surroundings and providing a peaceful environment appealing to those looking for a private retreat while still being close to the amenities of Los Altos and close proximity to major commute routes.
Land: This property offers a unique opportunity to purchase two separate legal parcels of land, totaling approximately 2 acres. This is a significant feature, as it provides space and potential for various uses as well as future ADU/guest house, etc..
Home History: The home has a rich history with two major transformations. In 1989, a new primary bedroom and bath were added to the original home. In 2008, most of the remaining home (including the garage) was torn down and replaced, complete with drilled piers into bedrock and steel beams. These major updates and renovations enhance the home's overall quality and longevity.
Layout: The home is designed for convenient living, with approximately 2,591 square feet of living space all on one level. It features four bedrooms, three full bathrooms, a gracious living room, a spacious formal dining room, a stunning breakfast room with tree views, a bonus family/game room or home office, a chef's kitchen with a pantry, a separate laundry room, and a three-car attached garage.
Outdoor Space: The property boasts an attractive pool that overlooks the beautiful natural setting, providing a relaxing and enjoyable space for outdoor activities and gatherings.
Amenities: The beautifully rebuilt home offers many fine amenities throughout, making it a comfortable and luxurious place to live.
- Formal entry has a beautiful barrel-vaulted ceiling, large skylight, custom moldings, maple wood flooring, custom wood and glass paned front door with matching sidelights as well as clerestory windows above
- Spacious sunken living room with newly carpeted flooring, vaulted open beam ceiling (steel beam has been encased in faux wood surround), wall of windows overlooking the incredible setting plus clerestory windows allowing views of the valley below through the trees, gas log fireplace surrounded by built-in custom wood cabinetry, recessed lighting, art accent lighting and Andersen French doors to the rear alfresco dining area and pool below
- Formal dining room with maple wood flooring, vaulted ceilings, recessed lighting, decorative steel beam encased in wood and decorative chandelier
- Chefs kitchen features maple wood flooring, vaulted/beamed ceilings, recessed and pendant lighting, under-counter lighting, large skylight, custom center island with breakfast bar and granite slab counters, an abundance of quality custom wood cabinetry has many fine features including several full extension pull-out drawers, dual spice racks, corner lazy susan, and separate pantry with decorative frosted door. Kohler cast iron/ceramic sink with disposal and separate hand sprayer. Quality appliances including stainless French door Sub-Zero fridge/freezer with ice maker, Bosch dishwasher, KitchenAid double ovens, GE spacemaker microwave and a five burner DCS gas range with custom Vent-a- Hood exhaust above
- Stunning breakfast room with maple flooring and attractive wall of windows plus clerestory windows allowing beautiful views, open beamed decorative ceilings and charming built-in display area
- Bonus game room/home office with large window wall as well as clerestory windows above, new carpeting, recessed lighting and crown molding plus accordion folding glass French doors
- Conveniently located full bath has attractive marble tile flooring, custom vanity with marble slab countertop and undermount Kohler sink plus attractive walk-in shower with half inch shower glass surround plus built-in cabinetry and display area
- Spacious primary suite with vaulted open wood-beamed ceilings, built-in cabinetry with display areas, dual windows flanking the bed, sliding Anderson French wood doors with matching sidelights to the rear deck and pool area allow for beautiful views
- Stunning spa-like primary bath with large skylight, recessed lighting, attractive tile flooring, spacious double vanity with custom cabinetry and slab countertops with decorative tile backsplash, undermount Kohler sinks, large jetted tub with stone slab surround and decorative tile backsplash, spacious shower with shaving bench and half-inch glass surround plus crown molding and attractive corner windows
- Large walk-in closet with plenty of built-in closet organizers, cedar flooring, new carpeting as well as a window bringing in natural light
- Bedrooms two and three both overlook the front gardens and feature crown molding, new carpeting and closet areas, one of which has glass mirrored closet doors
- Attractive hall bathroom has tile flooring, crown molding, recessed lighting, custom vanity with slab counters and decorative backsplash, Kohler undermount sink and custom decorative wall mirror plus shower over tub with decorative tile feature strip
- Bedroom four/home office has recessed lighting, crown molding, attractive views and Anderson solid wood French door allowing direct access to the rear deck
- Central hallway has linen storage closet as well as separate coat closet, recessed lighting and skylight plus attractive maple flooring
- Laundry room has marble tile flooring, abundance of cabinetry, broom closet, granite slab counters with plenty of room for folding area, undermount Kohler sink as well as crown moldings and adjacent coat closet in the main hallway
- Dual zone central forced air heating and central air conditioning in living spaces only, a second compressor could be added anytime to serve the bedroom wing
- Spacious three car garage with built-in cabinetry, auto garage door openers and access to the rear garden and workbench area
- Easy care landscaping dotted with mature oak trees, landscape lighting and automatic drip irrigation system
- Solar heated pool with large surrounding deck, perfect for entertaining
- Conveniently located and less than one-half mile to the trailheads at Rancho San Antonio Park and less than 2 miles to shopping at Rancho Shopping Center, plus highly convenient to highways 280 and 85 for commute purposes
- Set below the street level, this home offers privacy and serene views of the wooded natural surroundings. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own two separate parcels of land and build an ADU or guest house if desired
- Highly desirable Los Altos Schools, including Loyola Elementary, Georgina Blach Intermediate and Mountain View High School
Attractively Offered at $4,495,000